Monday, September 25, 2006

Library Thefts at Texas Tech University

Or as I'm calling it: Job Security

This is actually pretty shocking. I know none of the students I work with would ever do anything like this, but you better believe I'll be waving this article around if downsizing ever becomes an issue.

This guy could've gotten away with this a lot longer if he hadn't tried so hard to cover the library's markings. All he needed to do was advertise the books as ex-library and buy himself a 'withdrawn' stamp. Nobody would've questioned it. It's scary but Buddhist true.

Oh, and the curse definitely got him.

2 Comments:

Blogger Happy Villain said...

I, also, would think that there isn't a single employee in my library who would do such a thing, but I have two coworkers who routinely take handfulls of pills from the first aid kit to stock their home medicine cabinet, and to me, that's theft too. Like locks, I believe that anti-theft precautions only keep the honest people from stealing. The real thieves will find a way.

12:39 PM, September 26, 2006  
Blogger Vampire Librarian said...

Y'all must stock some good drugs if people want to take them. All of our stuff is very generic and weak. Everybody usually brings their own pills.

7:47 PM, September 26, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home