As I've just enjoyed a little time off and am about to enter a high stress stretch, I feel the need to remind myself of things I appreciate about my job. I grouse a lot about stuff I don't like, so here are some things I do like.
In no particular order, what I'm thankful for:
1. A paid parking pass to the garage
2. My recent raise
3. My upcoming raise (effective Dec.1)
4. Paid hotel room to stay in when foul weather hits
5. Free food in the staff lounge
6. Pleasant, competent work studies
7. 2 weeks off for winter break
8. Great co-workers
9. Health insurance (I haven't needed it lately, but my brother recently sure could've used it.)
10. Coffee maker in the staff lounge.
11. Library faculty privileges (No fines)
12. Casual dress code
13. Lenient bosses, especially concerning tardiness
Care to share stuff you're thankful for?