Thursday, May 12, 2005

So I get this phone call around 3AM the other night...

Vampire Librarian: Hello, Library X.

Caller: Hi, is it busy in the library?

VL: No, not too bad.

Caller: How about on the 1st floor?

(The 1st floor is the quiet floor and three floors below me.)

VL: I have no idea.

Caller: Well, I was thinking about streaking. Do you think it's a good time to do that?

VL: The library's pretty empty, and people are leaving steadily. The ones who are still here won't appreciate the disruption.

Caller: Gotcha. Maybe I'll come by some other night.

VL: Sounds good. If you want maximum exposure, around midnight is best.

Caller: Thanks. Bye.

VL: Thank you for calling the library.

Labels:

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

ROFL.

6:03 PM, May 12, 2005  
Blogger Vampire Librarian said...

Spike, I've been trying to go to your blog tonight 5/13/05 and keep getting a page can't be displayed msg. What's the deal? Hope it's only temporary.

3:19 AM, May 13, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's back now. Must've been a server outage at Mine host's end. Or something. Insert mysterious technical term of your choosing.

Now it's back I can find out how to blog images from Flickr to my blog. Noo skillz!

6:26 PM, May 13, 2005  
Blogger Harish said...

ROTFL!

12:47 PM, May 14, 2005  
Blogger Grace Lee said...

ROTFL, indeed. My library stays has study hall hours until 2 AM during exams and it's a game about how much food can be smuggled in. But streaking?! I haven't sene that one yet! And you were so helpful about the 'maximum exposure time.' heh.

9:29 AM, May 15, 2005  
Blogger Vampire Librarian said...

They have to smuggle food in? We throw pizza parties. Yes, the cleaning crew HATES us. We did get streakers the next night.

3:04 AM, May 16, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

At least they had the common courtesy to call ahead...I guess.

10:48 AM, October 01, 2007  
Blogger Vampire Librarian said...

Anon,

Yes, there's nothing like courteous streakers.

11:55 PM, October 02, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home