Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Newest Tenants

Many of our patrons here at Library X develop a quasi residency in our building. They build a nest in a carrel or a corner and spend long hours here doing everything from eating, sleeping, and personal grooming. We suspect even some mating goes on as well. Being open 24hrs limits our ability to discourage this behavior. They can be here all the time without us knowing.

Allow me to introduce our newest residents:

The Crawly's like living in the stacks where students leave food for them throughout the floor. It's an all-you-can-eat buffet for them every night.






The Bitey's live primarily in the staff room. They had found a lovely vase of fetid water to raise their young in. I have removed the Bitey's vase, but I still find them flying around in the staff area looking for a new home. I'm afraid the Brita Buddhist water tank with it's cracked top may become their new home.







Needless to say, I've been itching all night. I don't know when or if we'll get any sort of fumigation.

Labels:

6 Comments:

Blogger Kathy said...

I was shocked when I came to your page and saw the roach. ARGH! Now I will have to give you time for that picture to get down to the bottom of the screen so I won't see it. I seriously hate those things.

3:28 AM, September 21, 2006  
Blogger Todd said...

Well, they found a new home at MY desk! I've dispatched five or six to the Great Beyond already.

By the way, I'd have thought that mosquitoes and vampires would have a natural affinity. Is that not the case?

8:58 AM, September 21, 2006  
Blogger Librarian Girl said...

Another blog I read said that cockroach infestation in a public building like a library is almost inevitable, because they RIDE IN ON patrons.

That totally grossed me out.

4:50 PM, September 21, 2006  
Blogger tiny robot said...

We have crickets walking about in our library. They don't chirp, thankfully.

8:59 AM, September 22, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

3:38 PM, September 24, 2006  
Blogger Vampire Librarian said...

Anonymous,

Thanks for the info. I had to remove your comment because I feared it would give my location away.

5:44 PM, September 24, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home