Monday, October 08, 2007

Shhh Images

I collected a lot of 'Shhh' images for a flier idea that never happened. I liked the images so here they are.




The idea was to make a lot of small one image fliers with the following text underneath:

THANK YOU FOR WHISPERING,
but please keep conversations to a minimum. If you
need to speak for an extended amount of time, please move to another floor.

Whispered conversations, while not as intrusive as normal conversations,
may still disturb those studying around you. Please be considerate of your classmates.

Thank you,
The Library Staff

I thought they might help during exams on the quiet floor, but no one seemed real enthused with my idea, so they got buried on my hard drive until I was poking around tonight. I really like the first image, and I thought the one of the two actors from SVU was very appropriate for Library X.

If anyone wants to use them, have at them. Just right click and save.

Images are from:

1. I think I got this image from deviantART, but I can't find it anywhere online now.

2. Stepford Wives

3. SVU promotion photo.

4. Shh, We're Writing the Constitution by Jean Fritz

5. I cannot find this image again. Don't know where I got it.

6. deviantART by Sine Fabula though I know I snatched it somewhere else. It's been used on the web several places.

7. David Boring by Daniel Clowes

8. This seems like an ubiquitous Library image. Am I wrong?

(If you are the owner of an image and do not want it posted, please email me and I shall remove it.)

Labels:

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

And of course, you got copyright permission to use each of the photos.... /sarcasm

Interesting idea though.

8:57 AM, October 09, 2007  
Blogger Vampire Librarian said...

Just for you anon, I tried to remember where these images came from. I can't find some of them now. Oh well, apathy is the driving force behind a lot of copyright violations.

6:18 PM, October 10, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Perhaps I should have said /ironicsarcasm or added a jk.

I didn't mean to criticise. It's a great blog. Thanks for the laughs.

9:41 AM, October 15, 2007  
Blogger Vampire Librarian said...

Anon, I didn't take offense or anything. I knew you were being sarcastic, but I think I should've at least tried to identify where each image came from. I'm bad about not citing my sources.

5:14 PM, October 15, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home