Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Inappropriate Flyers

I gotta wonder about these students sometimes, and my co-workers must wonder about me, especially whenever I send them an email. Sorry, I don't have images. They would be NSFW.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To: Everyone in Library X
Subject: Racy Flyers

Hey guys,

Some students have been blanketing the building tonight with what some may call inappropriate flyers. The students said they're "teaser" flyers for a play. The flyers are a bright color with two people outlined in various sexual positions. And that's it. There's nothing on the flyers indicating that it is for a play or a UZ sponsored event.

I told the two students posting the flyers that they should restrict their flyers to the bulletin boards, but they'd already gone through the building with them. I took down most of the ones on the main floor, but the flyers may be elsewhere. I'm pretty sure they posted them in the bathrooms.

Before anyone complained about them, I just thought I'd give you guys a heads up and what information I had.

Sincerely,
Vampire Librarian

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Some of the positions looked very uncomfortable and possibly anatomically impossible. I don't know how the flyers relate to whatever they're supposed to promote, or how anyone is supposed to know the flyers are promoting something. They're just simple line pictures of people having sex. What's that supposed to mean?

The students said, "They're supposed to be mysterious and make the person think."

What are we supposed to think? When I first saw them, I thought a frat was putting them up as a prank or possibly advertising a party in code like the Buddha flyer. I sure didn't think, "Oh, I wonder what play is being produced to warrant such lewd flyers?" Still don't know what the play is, and don't want to see it. Not because I dislike the flyers, but because I don't know there's a play or what it's freaking called. The flyers get a big fat F for their sign grade.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This reads like a small-time sexualized version of the guerrilla marketing campaign for "Aqua Teen Hunger Force" that caused the terrorist alert in Boston! Nobody knew what they were for either (marketing majors, no doubt). Funny thing is, the same signs were in NYC for a while and nobody even cared ... LOL!

6:53 PM, April 17, 2007  
Blogger The Topiary Cow said...

Perhaps what it means is they let in too many remedial-reading class students to your university.

Moo!

5:06 PM, April 20, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home