Monday, February 11, 2008

Selling Out

For those that come directly to the blog to read posts, you'll see ads from Project Wonderful located low on the sidebar and below the archive. I had Adsense up for some time, but that service is a joke for small blogs because they won't pay until you reach $100. I'm never going to reach $100. I haven't even broken $20, and I've had these ads up for several years. Project Wonderful will pay when you reach $10. It's relatively new and seems to have been marketed mainly to webcomics, which I am not averse to promoting. Shoot, I may find some nifty new sites to waste time on at work. But if the ads get annoying, please let me know. I've tried to keep them unobtrusive, but they still have to be somewhat visible.

Project Wonderful seems like a very nice service. I have control over what ads are shown. I get the chance to approve or reject new ads before they are displayed, and I can even reject an ad after approving it. I like having that power. Adsense didn't let me control squat. I've done away with the Adsense nonsense. Google can keep that $17. And if I still don't get paid a dime, whatever. I've had this blog for years. I've never made money off of it nor have I put money into it. That isn't why I started it, but if I can make $5 a month, well, I can treat myself to a tasty honey bun every Friday. Yum.

Don't hate me for selling out.

Labels:

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

well,i think a tasty honey bun is a very noble purpose and if you are going to sell your self out,it might as well be for a honey bun.(as long as it realy tasty!)liron

5:12 AM, February 11, 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

No worries, a tasty pastry or a cup of coffee now and then on someone else would be a nice thing for all the time and effort.

6:48 AM, February 11, 2008  
Blogger Vampire Librarian said...

Thank you both. I lift my honey bun to you.

7:31 PM, February 11, 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You had ads before . . . wow, count me as unobservant. Or, maybe I was just too caught up in the library hi-jinx!

11:53 AM, February 12, 2008  
Blogger Vampire Librarian said...

The adsense was at the bottom the page. Probably why I never made any money...

4:41 PM, February 12, 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think Mrs. Freshley should give you a free honey bun every Friday for "advertising" them on your blog. I'm sure you can find many ways to keep mentioning them in future blogs, especially if you get a free one every Friday. ;)

2:33 PM, February 15, 2008  
Blogger Vampire Librarian said...

That would be nice.

11:19 PM, February 16, 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi!

I seem to have some automatic filter in my brain that ignores ads, so it makes no difference to me. And mmmmmmmmbuns.

5:21 AM, February 17, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home