Thursday, July 19, 2007

Two things, One post

(This post has been updated to correct grievous errors.)


First thing, I discovered the other night that Katya has named me a Rockin' Girl Blogger. And I am humbled by her praise. Thanks, Katya. You already know you're rockin', but I'm not afraid to repeat it.

Who else is a Rockin' Girl Blogger?

Here are five I think deserve it:

1&2.The Writers Beware Blog's two awesome authors A.C. Crispin and Victoria Strauss: These two ladies are not afraid to scream SCAM! when they see one, even when the scammer threatens them. They're strong, fearless, and fierce AKA rockin'!

3.Feel-Good Librarian: 'Cause she doesn't like to wallow in the negative like I do. Reading her posts, reminds me that it is possible to remain a caring individual, even if you work in a library.

4.The Hot Librarian: Outrageously funny, and I love her drawings, though I'm wondering if she's been abducted by aliens again. UPDATE!

5.Happy Villain: I know she's already received this award, but I feel as though I can't trust myself to choose a new blogger. I mean really, would you trust me? Happy Villain, I'm so happy you're still blogging. You are great, but if you come on here and tell me you are actually an asexual Martian, I will never blog again. That will be it for me people. Finis. I have no right being on the interwebs.

Honorable mention: This Isn't Sydney's Spike: HE takes walks around Woy Woy, Australia, blogs about the area and takes nice pictures. It's a nice cyber vacation spot for me. (Spike kindly informed that though he rocks the blogosphere, he is still...a HE. And the egg on my face is literally frying with the heat of my blush. I cannot be trusted with memes.)

If you've been nominated, or even if you haven't, list five Rockin' Girl Bloggers on your site. Share the awesomeness. But make sure the bloggers are female...Not because guy bloggers aren't awesome, but because giving a guy a rockin' girl blogger award is just a little puzzling, and I should just shut up about this.

Second thing, The Cool Librarian is starting a blogroll for librarian's, which she'll maintain. I'm going to add it and possibly replace my librarian links with it, but it's still rather new, so I'll hold off until the roll gets bigger, but it's a good idea, and I'm all for those. I'm gonna go play with my template now.

Here's the button for the blogroll:
--which I can't get to link to Cool Librarian's page so I have had to forgo it in my sidebar.

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

Blogger jess said...

Thanks for the mention, and for joining Library Links! You have been added to the blogroll.
Jessica

9:44 PM, July 19, 2007  
Blogger Kathy said...

You've always made me laugh -- a lot of the times when I really needed it.

9:19 PM, July 20, 2007  
Blogger Spike said...

Thank yer kindly for the kudos. Gotta refuse the honour though as I'm somewhat queeny but technically a Boy Blogger.

Keep popping by. Woy Woy has its 3rd and 4th set of traffic lights, how progressive are we!

9:38 PM, July 22, 2007  
Blogger Vampire Librarian said...

Spike, well, shit...My world is all askew now.

Sorry...where the hell did I get the notion from? If you could see me, my face would be red and shamefaced. Still love you...if that has any weight whatsoever, since I got one of the most fundamtentally biggest facts wrong about a person.

11:07 PM, July 22, 2007  
Blogger Spike said...

You poor bugger. I forgive yer.

12:28 AM, July 25, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home