Friday, December 16, 2005

Exams Suck

Exams are now over here at Z University, and I got stressed out as badly as the students.

I had nightmares that I was back in college and got E-'s on all of my papers, which were worse than F's for some reason only understandable in the dream. I tried to look at the papers to see why I'd done so badly and couldn't read what I wrote or the professor's comments. I tried to hide the terrible grades from my classmates so they wouldn't know I was such a dunce, but they could see the grades anyway and pitied me. It was just bad. I'd wake up very grumpy.

I also got sick. I'm still sick. I'm congested, weak, achey, and I smell vomit constantly when I breath through my nose, but I'm not vomiting. Yeah, I'm sure you wanted to know all that. My mother was the one who made the connection for me to exams. This happened every fall semester when I was in college too. At the least, I had to go on antibiotics, and at the worst, like in my senior year, I had to be taken to the emergency room. I had abdominal pains which by the process of elimination was classified an ulcer. I had to take two incompletes and make up the work over break.

It was all stress related in college. I don't know why I got laid low by exams this year. I wasn't taking any classes. An aunt had passed away the week before which upset me so that may have affected me, and the weather here has been very bad. The library put me up in a hotel one day because we didn't think I'd be able to drive into work that night, and I had to chip ice off my car for twenty minutes the next day. So maybe there is cause for stress and illness, but still, this whole being sick thing sucks. I've got X-mas shopping to do dammit.

I hope all of you are in good health and cheer while I'm huddled at home scowling because I wouldn't wish this nonsense on anyone.

Labels:

5 Comments:

Blogger Vampire Librarian said...

I've also fooled around with the blog template and tweaked the widths of stuff. Do you like the changes or did you notice? On the work computers, the blog looked fine, but at home, I had to scrowl across to see the sidebar completely. I guess the monitors are larger at work. I have a standard 15" at home.

4:13 PM, December 16, 2005  
Blogger flexnib said...

What I noticed is that the posts themselves are way over on the left of the screen now and there's a bit of empty space on the right... My monitor at home is a 19" one. I wouldn't even have noticed (I usually read your blog through Bloglines) but for some reason I chose to go directly to your blog this morning...

Hope you feel better soon!

8:21 PM, December 16, 2005  
Blogger Spike said...

CW said: the posts themselves are way over on the left of the screen now and there's a bit of empty space on the right

Ditto. Except mine's a 17 inch.

Nah. You don't wanna go Xmas shopping. Staying home and scowling is much cheaper and warmer.

11:24 PM, December 17, 2005  
Blogger tiny robot said...

As someone who is also tired of being sick, I know your pain and wish you a speedy recovery!

Exams are finally over at our Univ. Yay! This place is deader than a flattened polecat on the highway. I rather enjoy the silence.

9:49 AM, December 19, 2005  
Blogger loofrin said...

sick=yuck. i hope you feel better soon

12:07 AM, December 28, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home